BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL: IMPORTANCE OF TIMING YOUR EXERCISE AFTER MEALS
Blood Sugar Control: Importance Of Timing Your Exercise After Meals
Diabetes has become a familiar and surging problem among the mass across the globe. Both adults and kids are affected by it, and there are several reasons causing blood sugar levels to soar high. We are going to talk about these issues briefly and mainly focus on today’s topic. Above all, we would suggest that you keep your blood sugar level under control and stay under a proper regime to maintain good health.
REASONS FOR INCREASING DIABETES
- Erratic lifestyle.
- Stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Tension related to job and health.
- Unmonitored food habits.
- Excessive consumption of sweet and starchy food items, etc.
These are only a few of the several reasons that lead to uncontrolled glucose content in the blood. However, you can keep all the bases in check if you maintain a proper lifestyle accompanied by exercises at the right time. Let us now see why it is so necessary to time your physical workout after your daily meals.
TIME OUT YOUR EXERCISE AFTER A MEAL
You must have often heard others saying that walking or exercising right after consuming your day’s meals is not right since it exerts unnecessary pressure on your health. Contrary to the notion, doctors believe that exercising right after your meal has immense positive effects on blood sugar. Another perk of this practice is that it decreases the threats of heart diseases quite impressively. Yet, the interval between the meals and the exercise sessions varies from person to person.
REASON 1: Since normal sugar levels reach their peak almost the next one and a half hours of you having a meal, exercising within that time frame does not let the level increase rapidly.
REASON 2: Peo0-p3le with type 2 diabetes must keep their blood glucose levels at 160mg/dl and within two hours after having the meal. So immediate exercise after a meal becomes vital.
REASON 3: Exercising prevents the glucose obtained from the meals to settle down in the blood. This makes the blood more fluid without any high sugar concentrations. The latest by when you should start exercising is by the next 30 minutes of your consuming your lunch or dinner.
REASON 4: LISS or Low-Intensity Steady State exercise is quite common amongst diabetic patients. This refers to the fair practices or a reasonable distance of walk right after the heavy meals. LISS has come to the limelight because of its proven results in keeping blood sugar levels relatively low or marginal. It shows a dramatic change in blood glucose in a day.
REASON 5: Night walks are useful in controlling blood glucose and making you relax. Like we mentioned already, stress is a significant reason for soaring blood sugar levels, so you need to keep the pressure at bay, too, and walking does that easily.
REASON 6: Walking increases the natural insulin secretion in your body, which has a significant effect on your blood sugar level. The sooner you begin after lunch or dinner, the better it is.
REASON 7: As a piece of advice, be a little careful during evening exercises. Here, your muscles need the energy to work out, and the blood sugar is burnt to give them enough energy to function. Consequently, the blood glucose level is lowered, making you feel exhausted as well.
REASON 8: Keeping a tab on your blood sugar level at regular intervals cuts a clear picture of whether the exercises show the desired results. Besides, this is also a cue to let you know if the levels are healthy or are dropping unhealthily. Thus, timing out the exercises and the check-ups are entirely mandatory.
Exercising right after the meals might become a little taxing for many. What you can do is, you can wait for the next 10 minutes after you have eaten and start the workout. It lets you digest the food and also makes you feel at ease to start the exercise.
TIPS TO FOLLOW FOR BLOOD SUGAR CONTROL
Here is a list of DO’s and DON’T’s that must be held important as these will let you live better if you are conscious about controlling body weight and diabetes.
- Consult your doctor before doing any of these. Maintaining good health is one thing and blindly following any suggestions is an entirely different story.
- Never stop having your medicines for diabetes as prescribed by your physician. This will only enhance the risks of health hazards.
- On noticing any palpitations or heavy breathing while working out, stop immediately.
- Do not force yourself into working out if you do not want to.
- Choose wisely from the different types of exercises: swimming, walking, running, freehand exercise, yoga, etc. Take to what you are comfortable with. Such practices even prohibit obesity, rising at an alarming rate and a determining factor for diabetes.
- Eat healthy as your body needs a sufficient amount of glucose to keep you energetic.
- Do not fall for any random news or advice that says that ‘low sugar levels are right for your health’. A certain level of blood sugar is indeed essential to keep you going.
- If needed, consult a dietician and get a proper dietary plan after showing your medical reports.
- Maintain proper hygiene and self-care to stay fit and fine.
Abide by the given guidelines and also use only trusted medicines and products to keep your blood sugar level well within control. Increasing diabetes can impact your health, making you sick, weak, and anxious about your health always. So, be wise and work out daily to keep diabetes at a reasonable distance from affecting you!